Many patients seek traditional chiropractic care; but some patients require or prefer a more gentle touch. Our doctors use specialized techniques to
meet the needs of different types of patients.
- Seniors require a gentle touch, especially if you have osteoporosis.
- “Arthritis responds very well to soft tissue manipulation techniques, as well as classic joint manipulation as practiced by chiropractic doctors Acupuncture can be especially effective, especially for arthritis pain and/or stiffness of the knee.
- Children may prefer an activator technique.
- Acupuncture can be done without needles (acupressure, electro-acupuncture) for those who prefer to avoid traditional methods for a variety of reasons, including phobias.
- Disc problems may respond well to Cox Flexion-Distraction technique, as well as a progressive rehabilitation program. In some cases, classic spinal manipulation may also play a role.
- Patients with acute pain may require an especially gentle touch.
- For patients who prefer traditional chiropractic or acupuncture, we match the care to your physical needs and emotional preferences.
Cox Flexion-Distraction technique (pictured) is very gentle, and is especially useful for low back and disc problems.
Visit our “Where Are You Hurting” Page and learn more about the condition(s) that may be affecting YOU!